The above matter refers.
- Human Resource Development Corporation (HRD Corp) is a statutory body under the purview of the Ministry of Human Resources and is governed by the Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad Act 2001 (PSMB Act 2001). Through the act, HRD Corp was given the mandate to catalyse the development of a competent local workforce that will contribute to the national agenda of becoming a nation of a high-income economy.
- HRD Corp has established the Sectorial Training Committees (STCs) termly since 2014, comprising Industrial and Subject Matter Experts; to acquire their insights, expertise, and recommendations on driving HRD Corp training programmes to meet the industrial needs and requirements. By having such collaboration and strategic partnership, the utilisation of the HRD levy has become more focused and guided.
- Moving forward, HRD Corp is re-establishing the STC for the term 2022-2024. A total of 27 STCs is expected to be formed, among which includes STC for Machinery & Equipment, with new enriched objectives as follow:
.To assist in establishing Industrial Skills Framework (IndSF);
.To recommend industry-based recognition and certification; and
.To advise on studies of high level-strategic orientation and activities of the industry where deemed necessary.
- The success of the STC: Machinery & Equipment relies heavily on guidance from experienced industry leaders to ensure the quality of training and skills will be continuously meeting the industry requirements. This subsequently supports economic growth by enhancing the employees’ productivity and competitiveness. Considering the importance of establishing the STC, HRD Corp is grateful if your representatives are willing to serve on this committee. We are confident that the representing experts from your organisation will bring the much-needed perspective on human capital development in the industry. Moreover, their contribution will help ensure that the training offered to the industry is current and relevant.
- In closing, we would appreciate it very much if you could kindly submit nominations of two experts who have comprehensive experience in human capital development in the Machinery & Equipment industry for one of them to be appointed as committee members.
It is hoped that your good office can forward the nominations and biodata form as Appendix A & B. Please revert the completed forms to Ms. Siti Amirah Othman at firstname.lastname@example.org before or by 27 May 2022 (Friday). Your kind assistance in this matter is highly appreciated. Any inquiries can be directed to Ms. Siti Amirah through the abovementioned email or at 013-222 3941.
Appendix B – STC BIODATA FORM